What You Can Do To Keep Water Clean
The Rochester Water Primer
The Rochester Water Primer is a learning resource that compiles locally relevant information about the basic elements of Rochester's water resources. Covered topics include: natural water features, Rochester's water history, local geology, groundwater resources, storm water management, and wastewater treatment. Everyone form teachers to students to elected officials to residents can learn about benefit from this resource.
Rochester Water Primer (Complete Document)
Elementary & Middle School Raingarden Curricula
Teachers have the opportunity to explore the water cycle, storm water managment, and the wonders of raingardens with guidance from the Elementary & Middle School Raingarden Curricula developed by the City of Rochester. All lessons are tied to current Minnesota Teaching Standards (as of August 2013).
Click here to be directed to the Elementary & Middle School Raingarden Curricula!
Additional Resources for water related curriculum and activities
- Center for Global Environmental Education
- Lake Superior Streams
- MinnAqua (DNR)
- Project Wet (DNR)
- Sharing Environmental Education Knowledge (SEEK)
- University Of Wisconsin Extension
- US Environmental Protection Agency Surf Your Watershed
- US Environmental Protection Agency Water Source Brochures
- US Geological Survey Water Science for Schools
- Water On The Web